DISCLAIMER

Robin Andersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

pet hair sweater

You probably heard of the video where the woman had the cat hair knitted sweater. I had always thought cat hair was too short to spin, but this was a long haired cat. It was not cheap to have enough yarn made to make a sweater, but it's her business what she does with her money.
Anyway, if you're interested in seeing the video or maybe having your pet's hair spun into yarn, here's the website. You wouldn't have to get enough made to make a sweater (unless you want). You could get enough for a pair of mittens or a scarf.
You can even buy yarn spun from other animals if you don't have a pet of yor own and you are interested in yarn that's a bit different. No, I don't get a kickback from the company.
http://vipfibers.com/index.html

I have 3 cats and a bunny here and never thought about spinning their yarn. The (sort of) sad part is Cadbury (the bunny) is an angora and has lovely fur. But I thought I don't need any more hobbies;) I have seen, at the Sheep & Wool Festival, people spinning the yarn right off of their bunnies. I don't think Cadbury would go for that - unless there was a marathon of "South Park" on at the time. For some reason, he is fascinated by that show. Right now, when I give him his haircut, I give the fur to my older sister. Her dogs like the smell of it.


Oh, yes, this has nothing to do with crocheting, but it's very important for those of you who have pets. There has been a recall of pet food. If you have a cat or dog, please check this out for their health.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-03-18-pet-food-recall_N.htm





No comments: