DISCLAIMER

Robin Andersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Monday, June 11, 2007

Croq, "The Trash Issue"

In the mail today, I received the May 2007, issue 9 of "Croq". I had ordered it, so that's not a big surprise to me. I took a quick glance at it before fixing supper and what I seen _did_ surprise me.
On page 5, there's a picture of the two bees I made for my great-nephews. Now, I knew I sent the photos, but I didn't expect to see them so quickly (it wasn't that long ago when I emailed them).
My short email is under the picture.
The current issue has another great amigurumi pattern by Tamie Snow of Roxycraft.com
This pattern is of MoMo the octopus. I think I will make 2 of them in contrasting colors for my greatnephews, but I'll embroider the eyes instead of using buttons.
If you're interested in getting a copy of "Croq" (the current or the back issues) , here's the website:
www.CROQzine.com
Check it out, there's an article about making your plastic bags into "yarn", tax pointers for the indie business owner as well as a lot of other cool projects. I can tell you one project I probably won't try and that's the soap making project. Way back, many years ago, when dinosaurs roamed the earth;) I was in high school and took physical science. One of the labs was making a bar of soap. My teammates and I created the most potent soap_ever_. It ate through the aluminum foil holder and into the desk. We followed the directions and used the proper proportions. The teacher said she had never seen that happen before. (And it didn't happen to my other classmates, either). So I think that might be a project better left undone by me.


Payton update:
He is slowly getting used to being home, he's started the physical therapy on an outpatient basis. He seems okay, but it's a long road to recovery.

Link

No comments: