DISCLAIMER

Robin Andersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

ahhh, FM?

Before I start off, I should tell you that the CGOA has sent out an email warning their members of fake renewals. The fakes are coming from Publishers Billings. I received one and tossed it just because I knew I had just renewed my membership. So be on the lookout so you don't get scammed. Here's a quote from the email for you:
"Any true CGOA membership renewal notice will always state clearly that it is from CGOA.

If you have any question regarding your CGOA membership renewal status, feel free to contact CGOA@CGOA.com or call CGOA headquarters at 740-452-4541."


I hate to report this but I got nothing. Seriously, I usually search posts and listings for free crochet patterns that would pertain to whatever my theme (if there is one) might be and I just haven't had the time. I'm always amazed at how fast Christmas comes. When I was a kid, from Thanksgiving to Christmas seems like an unbearable stretch of time. Now it's like put away the dishes from Thanksgiving and it's Christmas.
I still don't have my tree up. My sons were going to come over yesterday (it's our tradition) but with 12+ inches of snow, that wasn't going to happen. And today we had to take them to the store so they could get shovels to dig out the car. Apparently, we haven't had that much snow since they moved out. The main highways here are generally good, but the side streets have not been plowed. They probably won't be until Thursday;)
Even though I have no free patterns to offer this week, I do have a link to the world's largest crochet blanket.
http://fortheloveofcrochetalong.blogspot.com/2009/12/worlds-largest-crochet-blanket.html
The woman worked on it for 11 years! That would drive me nuttier than I already am. I am working on a hat for the youngest great nephew and fretting about finishing it in time. It's a baby hat, how long can it take? Shouldn't be very long, since I started one pattern and ripped it all out. Plus I got to finish his bib.
And I'm doing Christmas this year, woo hoo. Actually, I'm providing the house for it, my brother and sister-in-law are supplying the food. My sister-in-law is pursuing her nurse practioner's degree and between school and work, they won't have it together. I'm not so sure I will either, but whatever happens, it will work out. It always does, one way or the other.

I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas.

_enjoy_

No comments: