Here's another tidbit.
you can nominate your favorite craft blog here (please _do_not_ nominate _this_ blog _ there are many great crocheting blogs out there and this one does _not_ compare_) . I nominated
http://amigurumi-along.blogspot.com/ as it always makes me smile when I look at it. You can't nominate yourself, but maybe you can get a friend or a reader to nominate for you. The deadline is January 3, 2006. Yeah, I know it's short notice, but I just found out about it the other day myself.
As for New Years Resolutions, I'm a great believer in recycling - I've been using the same ones for about 15 years (lose weight, get more organized, be a nicer person) but I've decided I will subject some new ones, I mean write some new ones this year. They are in no particular order, just sort of random ones.
1) Stop taking it so personally that Howard Stern switched to Sirius Satellite radi, though he knows _full_well_ I can't afford that service. I'll stop feeling that maybe he's trying to "lose" me and accept the fact that life goes on.
2) Do not get a gyn exam in the emergency room if you can avoid it. (If you're a guy reading this, just take it as "stay out of the emergency room"). If this has ever happened to you, you know what I'm saying. If it hasn't, take my word for it, you _don't_ want it to happen.
3) Learn how to use my "Knitting-A-Round" and see if it's as cool as it's supposed to be.
4) Crochet more stuff for charity and for gifts. I was surprised that the gifts I made went over so well, but it's been a long time since I crocheted Christmas gifts.
5) Find something useful to do with my overwhelming stash of hooks and needles. I haven't knitted in about 3 years, perhaps having 25 pairs of knitting needles is a little overkill. (I don't enjoy knitting as it goes too slow for me.)
6) Find a _reasonable_ place for patterns. Now it is similar to an archeology dig but not as well planned out. I have heard some folks put them on disks, but I'm not sure exactly how that works, plus I'd just have to search thru the disks. At least with the physical patterns, I could say "oh, heck, I'll do this instead of that".
There's probably a lot more I should resolve to do (if it's not on my perpetual New Years Resolutions list already) but that's it for today.
Hope your new year is a good one, filled with peace and love.
(maybe I should put "learn to spell";))