DISCLAIMER

Robin Andersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Monday, July 10, 2006

embroidery floss

I hate to say this, but I _love_ embroidery floss. Cheaper and smaller than yarn, I have a _lot_ of it. I used to work at a place that had a McCrory's (sort of a five and dime shop) and when work would get too crappy, I'd buy some skeins of embroidery threads. I have been crocheting with embroidery thread using a 00 steel hook, which I think is roughly equilvalent to a B. I've just been making small flowers, but I still think they are cool. I use a lot of the varigated floss, which I really like to use. My plan is to sew them on a pair of jeans I will be wearing to the CGOA conference. (I also embroider with embroidery thread.)

I had a girlfriend in high school, Sally, who crocheted with embroidery floss. Her stitches were nice and tight, mine are not so tight. But she would work with threadas well as yarn and did some great stuff. I'd really love to know what happened to her, she never came to the reunion and nobody seems to know how to get in contact with her. She did great work.

">Link

No comments: