DISCLAIMER

Robin Andersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Friday, July 28, 2006

little scraps

I am currently working on the world's ugliest socks. The pattern itself is not ugly, but the yarn, well, I'll say it's not colors that would seem to work together very well - green and orange. But I am working on the leg of the first sock with a Red Heart sport weight acrylic yarn I bought many years ago. I'm not quite sure what I was thinking of when I bought it, except maybe "it's on sale";) I wil definitely post a photo of the socks. I keep teasing my family, saying "I'm making these socks for you" and the look I get is priceless;)

I get the Lion Brand Yarn newsletter http://cache.lionbrand.com/content-newsletterArchive.html
and they have a neat article about tiny purses. I made one for my mp3 player which I never seem to use. But when I had to go pick up some pizza, the pants I was wearing did not have any pockets. So I stuck the money in the mp3 player purse, put it around my neck and it worked. I just made mine from the self striping sock yarn (Berocco? Bernat? I think Bernat) , just made a small pouch, made an ending round with a double crochet, chain stitch pattern so I could thread yarn thru it and it was done.


No comments: