DISCLAIMER

Robin Andersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Queen of Soul

You should know who I am writing about here - unless you are totally unfamiliar with Aretha Franklin's work. If you are, get yourself busy and find out about her music. This blog will still be waiting for you when you come back.
You're back? okay, now we can go on.
M's Franklin is not only the Queen of Soul, not only the first woman inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but she is also a crocheter. Yup, that's what I said, a crocheter. According to the New York "Daily News" for September 9, 2007, that is one of M's Franklin's "hidden talents". I can't say I have ever seen her crocheted work, but I think it's pretty cool that Aretha Franklin is "one of us".
So when M's Franklin's tv miniseiries comes on ("Aretha: From These Roots") , you can bet I will be in front of the tv, crochet hook and yarn in my hands, happily crocheting away while it's playing. I don't know when it is supposed to be on, but I'll let you know when I find out. Nope, no kickbacks from M's Franklin or the tv station, but *wow* wouldn't I love to see Aretha's stash:)

1 comment:

CraftCache said...

She has very bad diabetes and the needle sticks really affected her fingers - she has said crochet has lumbered her little digits up alot!
I <3 Aretha. When my daughter was born I sang - "Say a little prayer" to her for a lullaby every night - shes grown to love the Godmama of Soul.