DISCLAIMER

Robin Andersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter & stuff

I told you I didn't want to _buy_ any new yarn. Okay, I really _do_ but I got more stash than the store does, plus it's already colors I like and it _is_ paid for, which is an important consideration. This past week I got a prize box from the Needlecraft Shop (http://www.needlecraftshop.com/ )
because apparently I was one of the first 50 people to respond to their bill. I got 12 skeins of pastel Red Heart yarn, good for a baby blanket (hmm, did they read this blog?), a pair of bright pink knitting needles, 2 afghan hooks, 1 steel crochet hook and a package of taprestry needles. That was _really_ cool and totally unexpected. I did email them a thank you note because I was impressed - and thankful.

As to the baby afghan, I decided not to go with stripes. I thought that might send me over the edge plus I was debating over using various raised stitches to make it look better. Instead, I found this little gem http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html.
This works up very fast and is very easy to do. I decided to use the blue and white yarn I had already found in my stash. Plus you can make it any size, you could even make an adult sized afghan by following the directions. I am quite happy with this. It appears to be very similiar to the kit in the Mary Maxim's catalog (nope, I don't get a kickback from them), so if you were interested in that, you may want to check out this pattern.

In case you are wondering why (all of the sudden) I am trying to watch my yarn spending, I have 4 words for you - Sheep and Wool Festival (http://www.sheepandwool.org/) . This is coming up very fast and I enjoy wandering around the festival grounds, wondering what I want to buy. Some years I spend a _lot_. Last year, because of the situation with my younger sister, I spend very little money and very little time there. My younger son is taking me this year as my beloved will be taking a class out of state. It won't be much fun for my son, but what the heck. I'll have fun (but not as much as if my beloved was with me). They do have some of the most amazing yarn I have ever seen, some of it hand spun and hand painted. They even have the rovings so you can spin it yourself. I don't buy that because I know it would just pile up because I'd never get around to spinning it. But I still like to look at it.

If you live in the Washington DC area, the "Washington Post" has an ad featuring crochet earrings. They are _gorgeous_, made with cottin thread. I can't remember the name of the store, whether it was Lord & Taylor or Neiman-Marcus, but they were great looking.

That's it for today.

">Link

No comments: