DISCLAIMER

Robin Andersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Scrips and scraps again

I don't know how many of you have seen the fuss regarding this crocheted necklace, but here's the link to it
Click here: Hayden-Harnett Handbags On-Line Store - Reese Handknit Crochet Necklace

it is absolutely beautiful, but it seems something is not quite right with this situation. The woman making the necklace admits it's not her design, it came from the Interweave Crochet magazine, but she still is selling it for $120.

Here's Interweave's link Click here: Interweave Crochet
They are coming out with a new crochet magazine in the fall (nope, I don't get a kickback from them). I think it should be on the newstands mid-September or you could use PayPal to order it. I chose that option because I didn't want to be going all over town wasting gas trying to track it down.

In case you like to crochet in the dark, there is a brand new tool for you - it's a LED enhanced crochet hook
http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/led-knitting-supplies-190217.php

It looks kind of cool, but for $40, I don't know. They were on display at the CGOA conference, but I didn't see them at that time. I do think the knitting needles are cool, Barbie and Ken could re-enact "Star Wars" using the needles as Jedi swords;)

On the ugly sock update, I ripped it out (or "frogged it" as some say) and plan to use another pattern. I was so far off on that pattern, I couldn't have saved it. I think it was me not paying enough attention to the pattern, not the pattern itself. I have made errors in other items I've made, I either corrected it or went off in a different direction. But this pattern I just "didn't get".
I think I'll try it at some later date just to see where I went wrong. I like the way it looks, but it definitely wasn't turning out like the photo. Oh well, nobody's perfect.







No comments: