DISCLAIMER

Robin Andersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

vital statistics for the socks

I used a discontinued Red Heart sport yarn called "Buckle" for the socks. Each sock took less than 1 3/4 ounces (49.6 grams on the package) or almost the whole skein of the yarn. I bought this quite some time ago, it was on sale. I don't have any other colorways, if indeed there were any different colors.
The pattern I used was "Tutti-Frutti" by Janet Rehfeldt, from the book "Crocheted Socks". The book came out in 2003, so I have had it for a while. But you can probably find it at a craft store. I used the large size, because I have large feet and I acheived gauge without much problem. This is unusual for me as I tend to crochet loosely and normally have to adjust the hook size downwards to scheive gauge.

I also wanted to include this poem. It's not mine (I could only wish!) but it's great because it takes an everyday article such as socks and praises them. Now my socks aren't anything like the socks described in the poem, but it's still cool to see how someone appreciates a handmade gift.

it's called "Ode to My Socks" by Pablo Neruda

http://www.beautifulwords.com/html/body_socks.html



No comments: