DISCLAIMER

Robin Andersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

almost finished

I have almost finished the 8 point star baby afghan, I made it in blue and white, using worsted weight instead of the bulkier Red Heart recommended. I had to do a few more rounds to get it to be as big as I thought it should be. Now I am at the weaving in the ends stage, my favorite part;)
One neat thing about this afghan is that you start off making a chain 3 for the "starting double crochet". That means when you finish the round, there aren't so many slip stitches as is traditional with say a granny square or similiar motif afghan. I really liked that. Also the writer suggests you stagger your beginnings - you atttach at point one for the first color change, than at point 2 for the next color change, and so on. That makes it a bit neater to look at, too.

Now I got to finish the weaving ins and make a turtle. Sometimes I weave in as I go, but even if I do, I recheck the article to make sure I remembered to weave _everything_ in.

I sent out samples of my crochet to the person who was asking for them. I don't know when I will get an answer from that. I'm sort of excited and sort of nervous. Of course, I think my samples are _great_ (sometimes). And I also think "sheesh, couldn't I have done something _better_?" (sometimes). I did a 4 inch sample of a shell stitch, a crossed stitch, a pebble stitch and one square was stitches from small to large. There was no suggestion on what the woman wanted to see in a crochet stitch, but I thought that would be a good representation. Of course, now I'm thinking I should have done the Tunisian stitch *sigh*. Oh well, what's done is done. All I can do now is wait.

No comments: