DISCLAIMER

Robin Andersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Stitches East

well. I worked the Discontinued Brand Name Yarn booth yesterday at Stitches (at the Baltimore Convention Center) and I had a blast. I proudly wore my "CGOA" pin on my Kimba shirt. The first part of the day I sat with Cheryl Potter of Cherry Tree yarns (http://www.cherryyarn.com/), author of "Skein For Skein". There were models for many of her designs - the "Ring of Supersox" was great. Yes, it was knitted, but it could be translated into a chrochet pattern. It was really cool to see garments made from the beautiful sock yarn of Cherry Tree Yarn. I talked about the call for designs and the "Sox" contest to the people coming into the show. I gave away small skeins of super wash merino and it was great. The second part of the day I restocked shelves and broke down boxes and that was great, too. I met so many nice people and had such fun talking to them. I got to look around the convention and see what the other vendors had for sale. I especially had fun picking my yarn out for payment. Oh, Sockotta:)
Lots of stuff for knitters and also a fair amount for crocheters. And of course, yarn doesn't care what you use it for. I was intrigued by a needle felted wool animal demonstration, but I managed to convince myself not to buy a kit. It was hard, but I already have too many hobbies (obsessions?).
So if you get a chance, go to the Stitches convention this weekend. It was a great birthday gift for me. And yes, I did get paid for the work, but the convention would still be great even if I hadn't gotten paid for it. I would have paid to go and spent more money, so it worked for me.

No comments: