DISCLAIMER

Robin Andersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

all about "Crochet Fantasy"

If you've been reading this blog, you know I have had an ongoing problem trying to find out exactly when/if "Crochet Fantasy" would make good on the balance of my subscription. So here's the latest email to the "Crochet Fantasy" people:
##################################################
I have written and called many times to find out what is supposed to be done about the outstanding balance of my "Crochet Fantasy" subscription. I have been told that another magazine may pick up the balance that was left. I also have been told someone will get back to me. So far, no one has gotten back to me and when I call, I get a pleasant woman saying "I'll pass the message on for you".
Exactly what is going on? I paid for my "Crochet Fantasy" subscription early due to a letter set out soliciting funds to keep "Crochet Fantasy" publishing. Please make good on this some way - send yarn if that works for you. I am a reasonable person but all this time without a response has made me a little peeved.
Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.
For those who want to send an email, here's the info: http://www.inknitters.com/
snail mail:
Fiber Circle Publishing
P. O. Box 552
200 McKinney Street
Farmersville, TX 75442

#########################################################

Because of my mention of "Crochet Fantasy", sometimes this blog pops up when folks are checking for back issues. Here' s my advice on searching for back issues of "Crochet Fantasy"

You can go to Ebay & search for "crochet magazine" or "Crochet Fantasy magazine". It's helpful if you know the particular issue number you are looking for because that's how it's listed on Ebay. I know Ebay's a gamble, but sometimes it does have what you are trying to find. You have to determine how much you're willing to shell out for the magazine. If you just want any back issue, you'll have better luck because some issues are easier to obtain than others.

You can also search Amazon for the particular issue you want. Sometimes they have it, sometimes not. You can register at Amazon and they will notify you if one becomes available. (Disclaimer: I am an Amazon Associate and I do sell books on Amazon. I do not currently have any "Crochet Fantasy" magazines for sale, so I am not going to profit from this advice. )

Sometimes old book stores (not the ones that deal in antiques or first editions - but the more inexpensive ones) sell old magazines. I have never seen any "Crochet Fantasy" in any old book store I have been in (and I do frequent them) but that doesn't mean somebody didn't get to them first. Thrift shops sometimes have old magazines. Again, I've never seen any there, but that doesn't mean they don't show up. Yard sales could work, too.

If you belong to a group like Crochet Partners, you can post you would like to buy an extra copy or somebody's unwanted copy of this particular magazine. You could try the free internet sites (Craig's List, Freecycle) to see if there are any "Crochet Fantasy" magazines out there.

If you belong to the Crochet Guild of America, they have a lending library sent up and they are likely to have a copy of the magazine. People donate magazines and books to them (I have donated a _ton_ to them myself, so I know they have a large selection). This is another good reason to belong to the CGOA.

You could also ask around the folks you know, often they know somebody who did crochet and might want to get rid of their stuff. This happens more frequently than you would think. I have a healthy selection of various crochet tools due to this type of thing.

################################################


If I ever get an answer from the Fiber Circle Publishing people, I will let you know. I'm not sure why this bugs me so much but I think it's because of the solicitation for more funds to keep it going. Or maybe I just need to give it up and cut my losses. But right now, I intend to keep bugging them.

No comments: